Friday 21 November 2014

process and reflection

The process for my inquiry was fairly basic. Benares had religion all over it. The fastest and the most efficient way to get my information was to talk to people. I decided I would to talk to people from different backgrounds and different parts of the city. They would provide me an interesting variety of opinions and also they would provide me with a holistic view of what religion in Benares is. Then I would compile all the conversations and form a solid conclusion with help of a little input regarding my views. The people in the city varied differently. Getting them to open up was very difficult. It took a lot of patience and perseverance. But a lot of effort bore fruit after a week and I had a little insight into RELIGION in Benares


.
After a week’s hard work(described in my other entry) I came up with this reflection:

Benares wasn’t my first choice. But it worked out perfectly for me. I found a part of myself which I completely ignored before. I am an atheist, so I have never given much thought to religion. But going to a city like benares, I realised that some people draw life inspiration from it. Every one of us needs a motivating factor, to the people of benares it is religion. This trip has taught me to never underestimate the emotions and sentiments attached to religion. The city has a strong connection to the past and during these 9 days I have learnt to appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment